Ohio Magazine named Gahanna the 2013-2014 Best Hometown!
Gahanna was founded along the Big Walnut Creek in 1849 by John Clark of Ross County from 800 acres of land that his father, Joseph Clark, had purchased from Governor Worthington in 1814. Clark named his property the Gahanna Plantation, from which the City of Gahanna derives its name. The name Gahanna is derived from a Native American word for three creeks joining into one and is the former name of the Big Walnut Creek. The City of Gahanna's Official Seal refers to this confluence of three creeks with the inscription "Three In One".
More than 7,000 students from kindergarten through grade 12 attend the district's seven elementary schools, three middle schools and one high school. Approximately 78% of the students graduating from Gahanna Lincoln High School are pursuing a two- or four-year post secondary options, and 14% attend either vocational schools, the military or pursuing other opportunities.
Creekside comes alive the 2nd & 4th Friday’s June-August. Join us for a summer concert series featuring summer entertainment throughout the Creekside District headlined by popular bands from Central Ohio. The event brings the community together celebrating the heart of Gahanna, the Creekside District. Come early and one of our many local restaurants. Onsite beverage sales available supported by the Gahanna parks & Recreation Foundation, net proceeds support the Foundation’s focus on making Gahanna a great place to live, work and play.
Search Gahanna Homes for Sale
RE/MAX Connection, Realtors
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Plus Realty
Signature Real Estate
Access More Realty
Today's Market Trends for Gahanna *
* All data pertains to single-family homes